About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
What to say about me. I'm just an Individual who loves talking about Music, Politics, Social Issues, as well as any and everything Interesting. But Read My Blog and I think you'll get a better picture of me.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So when you stay awake all night thinking about North Meck High School, you realize some things.

Ol' North Meck High School. 3000 kids went there in 2007. Over 625 in my senior class. 4 years of my life that I love, hated, cherished, regretted, value, could of cared less about, changed, yet not changed, but most importantly taught me lessons to make me grow up.

Going to school with kids who you will remain life long friends with, and also kids who were to get struck by lighting you would secretly think that Karma is a bitch (but of course not wish that upon them). Relationships which you were in though would be the end of the world at that time of that break up, now realize how unimportant that fling was in the whole scheme of things. Good friendships you though wouldn't end did because it was your fault you wronged them and others that you ended because they wronged you. Then other good friendships just ended because people simply drift apart.

Some kids starting playing sports because they loved the game, some kids started playing sports because they just wanted the jersey, but a lot though it would improve their changed of losing their V-card. But does it matter why u started playing because the friends you made wearing that viking uniform were your family at that time during that season. Even though you hated or loved the coaches....they gave you some damn good advice at times. You probably wanted to kill one of your teammate at one point of the season, but 3 games later that same person saved the day and you loved them for that one play. The passion of sports is equal at professional and high school levels.

Clubs. Did you join because you actually wanted to be in it, or, just wanted your high school application to look impressive. Did you only go to one meeting, or win at nationals at Deca? From having clubs range from like 6 to 404 kids, if you really wanted to kill some time after school, it was there with probably something that interest you.

Now classes, where everyone had to sit there for 90 minutes either taking notes to save your life, or cheating off of the girl in front of you. Like it or not, English and Health class was the "melting pot" of viking nation. Popular girl, video game nerd, pot head, jock, emo, gangsta, and the smart kid all sat in the same row. But the funny thing is how do you label someone if they fall into multiple category. We said we didn't label people, but we did. Look around at lunch tables and you could assume what they did in their spare time.And do forget going through those phases in high school, I know I went through about 4 of them. But the ironic thing about "fitting in" is that no matter what pointless high school stereotypes said you were in, you didn't fit in unless you were around your real friends.

Now teachers. Some had influential roles as mentors to you. Others you totally forgot taught you even if they fell on top of you. Were they hard or a joke? Did they care about their job? Were they even hooking up with one another? They all taught us something important, not about their subject, but about life in a positive or negative way.

Now grades. Now does B in chemistry your softmore year honestly have any real importance in the long run of you life. Probably not. But whether your grades got you in to UNC, ECU, or CPCC defiantly do have great importance in your life in the long wrong. Its funny how if you wanted to be a A, C, or went to the woods during class effected your future so much.

At the end of it all, I'm happy how it turned out. Anyone reading this will probably have a different opinion of me in high school because everyone knew me different some how. We could of been best of friends, classroom associates, or you judged me based or immature things I did years ago and never said a single word to me. Do I care about your opinion? Honestly probably not. That is because those 4 years strongly made me who I am today and the only opinion about me that matters is the one of myself.

I don't know what your gonna get from this if you read it. I just wanted to share my thoughts a school that we are going to remember in so many ways for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment