About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
What to say about me. I'm just an Individual who loves talking about Music, Politics, Social Issues, as well as any and everything Interesting. But Read My Blog and I think you'll get a better picture of me.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

West Charlotte

I will be living in West Charlotte for the summer, which is probably one of the best things that could of happen to me this year. Up until school starts, I will be crashing on Shane Travis's and Elijah Von Crammer's couch. The neighborhood I stay in is basically as close to getting into the "hood" without being in the "hood". Will it be interesting living there, most defiantly. Will it be a lot of fun, even more so.

While being there, I am highly looking forward to Elijah throwing house shows in his basement almost every weekend there. In that basement, will get to meet some of the most interesting kids living in the Charlotte area. Elijah currently has a deal with the owners of the Milestone, so his basement is even books for bands that come from places like New Orleans, New York and even Canada.

I also find it pretty funny on some peoples reactions when I tell them I am living in West Charlotte. The neighborhood I live in is not the best one, but in all honestly its not that bad. Don't get me wrong, there is some crime that is prevalent in that neighborhood. I actually heard one of there neighbors is responsible for shooting Waka Flocka when he came to Charlotte. Yet, despite the higher rate of crime, Shane told me once he actually enjoyed that neighbors there more so then suburban neighborhoods he has lived in. He says that you actually get to know your neighbors, and that the people living there are generally nicer and more hospitable then your traditional suburban.

Yes, don't get me wrong, it totally and completely sucks that me and my father had an extremely big falling out. Does having enough money for rent, gas, and macaroni and cheese suck. Hell yes it does? But at the same time I would most rather be "on my own", living off of great value pasta and pal mal cigarettes with friends, then being at my home in Huntersville at 22 years of age.

Regardless of the positives of my friend letting me stay there, It still is kind of depressing I don't have the finances to get my own place, but the fact that I will be living with two really cool and interesting people surely makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment