About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
What to say about me. I'm just an Individual who loves talking about Music, Politics, Social Issues, as well as any and everything Interesting. But Read My Blog and I think you'll get a better picture of me.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Why I love Quinton Gilling.

This post isn't going to be that funny/interesting unless you know Quinon Gilling personally. I'm just giving yall blog readers a fair warning.

Well, today I gave my friend Quinton a ride to his job at Nike Factory. I he gave me a place to crash tonight, so giving him a ride was the least to do. Well, during that car ride he said some of the honest, ironic, and funniest thing I heard in a while.

About 2 months ago, which was probably the last or second to last time I saw Q, he went up to me and busted out laughing saying I looked homeless while behind the check out counter at the Nike Factory.

Anyway, I wake up this morning to give him a ride to his job. We get inside my car and the first thing he says when he gets inside my car was why the "fuck is your car dirty, I don't have a car, but if i did, it would be spotless". My car was a bit dirty, but I just thought it was extremely ironic for him to complain about the conditioning my car. Not making excuses, but the well cleanest of my interior of my car of my car is the last thing on my mind the last few days. He went on to say that you need to get your whole "look" together. He then made a statement saying how I was wearing the same blue flannel that I was wearing the other day as well as the one seen in my Facebook picture, and I really need to get a since of style. I then explained to him that all my clothes are in my dads house and I was unable to get them before I left.

He replied with something like, I don't give a fuck. Present yourself with pride despite your situation no matter how "bad" it is. He is absolutely right for saying that.

I havn't really chilled with Q in months now because I been so busy with work, school ,and white girls thats its really hard to see many of my good friend on a regular basis. But the fact that he is still getting on me for how a dress, even while "I'm homeless", just remind me how some thing about people wont ever change. He been giving me bluntly honest advice about my style for the last four years, which I never take. I do admit my style has improved slightly, but not that much in his opinion.

In short. I just think its very ironic for someone to have a major pet peeve about someone looking homeless, when they are presently are.

No comments:

Post a Comment